7/13/11

There's a storm-A-comin'

I'm attempting to be one of those blogging moms... You know, those moms who blog several times a week, who write in a way that makes you want to be there doing exactly what they're doing? Yeah, one of them.

What can I tell you about myself?

-  First and foremost, I'm one of those Jesus lovin' folks! I'm not perfect nor do I ever pretend to be but I've got the GOD OF ALL CREATION on my side, and He loves me whether I'm bad or good, and His love is beyond any love I could find anywhere in this crazy world we live in.
-  I'm also a husband lovin woman. "He completes me!" :-) He's the greatest thing that has happened to me (besides Jesus) and I'd be lost without him.
-  We've got 3 little blessings keeping us busy, a 5.5 yr old "Warrior", a 3.5 yr old "Bear" and a 13 month old "Bulldog" - I learn something new everyday with these little ankle-biters around. They bring a joy and excitement to life that keeps putting a smile on my face.
-  I'm also known to feel at home with a camera by my side, in fact strangely I feel most comfortable when I'm behind my camera capturing precious moments in time. Photography is about capturing life as its happening, and being able to savor those emotions years down the road when you look back at that photograph...
-  I'm also one of those coffee lovin' creamer usin' sugar scoopin' folks... Mmm, one of my favorite beans that the Lord created is the coffee bean. It's one of God's creations that helps me be a better person, a better wife, a better mom, mmm, yes, I love me some good coffee! 

If you don't know anything about me, this blog may seem all over the place and you may find yourself confused, but if you know me and my family personally, hopefully this will be a taste of me, no matter how many miles may now be between us.


ANY-WHO:
I posted a new update on my FB earlier, and I'm just going to re-post it here if your to lazy to check FB :-)


Greetings Family and friends,

I hope this "note" finds you all healthy and well.

Over the last 48 hours, Todd and I needed to make a big decision regarding our life here in California. The last few weeks have given us great hope in a future with the US Border Patrol. A gentleman from the government recently came to our area to meet with Todd and begin Todd's background check (which is one of the final few steps in the Border Patrol process before training school). Given our current circumstances we need to make a change fast, and therefore think it wisest if we move down to Arizona and live with Todd's family while we wait. The reason we chose this is because if BP goes through and we get in (which we're fairly confident we will, the question is when?) we will be stationed in the Southwest, and there is great probability that we will actually be in Arizona  (or so we have been told both from his oral boards interviewers and the background investigator)...

This is a huge step of faith for us right now. Our plan is to leave Sunday August 7th (I know, its really soon!). We are asking for prayer from you all as we begin this new and strangely exciting journey into the unknown. We believe that God is in this, and will take care of us, just like he has over the last year. There is a small possibility that we could still stay in the area, however after prayer and talking with some of our mentors, we're going for it!

We'll be loading up the truck on the August 6th at 10am - Any help would be GREAT!


 Arizona will be a BIG CHANGE for us (more me and the ankle-biters than for the hubs since he spent part of his childhood there)... Stepping outside and hearing nothing but critters in the grass and maybe a train whistle in passing compared to a distant hum thats fairly constant when you step out your back door can rock your world... Better yet, stepping out your front door and finding a cow that doesn't belong to you blocking your path to your car can take even more getting used to, especially if he has horns! Yes it will most definitely be an adjustment, but we believe that God has a plan, and at this point there was an urging in us to make some kind of decision, and we're praying for His blessing on it.

As always your prayers are appreciated. Especially that Todd will get "the call" sooner rather than later...

1 comment:

  1. Kat! I am excited to be reading your blog and to be your first commenter! I look forward to following your journey and will pray for God's blessings upon you and your family.

    ReplyDelete